Thursday 25 April 2013

New Horizons

Spring is almost upon us and I had to be quite severe in my cuts at Coursera. May is my busiest month of the year, and as it turned out, despite the bad weather, April has been hectic too. So I cut two of the new courses. The STS in China course was interesting but something had to go, and the Einstein course was, as I suspected, math heavy. Not my thing. At least the first week's lectures about his early life were worth my time.

So, with a number of courses ended,  I'm now down to this schedule:

Know Thyself      Week 8 of 10   (Philosophy)
The Ancient Greeks      Week 6 of 7 
Democratic Development      Week 4 of 10
Greek and Roman Mythology      Week 1 of 10


As you can see, this is a much lighter load. The mythology course requires a lot of reading, so timewise it probably equates to two. The first two finish shortly, and two others will begin:

Introduction to Psychology   Starts in 11 days
History of Rock, Part One  Starts in 18 days


So results are in. Here's my complete list so far:

Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life  You earned 91.0%
Energy 101  You earned 90.6%
Introduction to Philosophy  66.0%

Aboriginal Worldviews and Education  87.0%
How Things Work 1   You earned 70.0%   (Physics)

Results for the two courses that ended this week will be in soon:

The Modern World: Global History since 1760
AIDS

I would recommend all of these courses to absolutely anyone EXCEPT the Introduction to Philosophy. If you are interested in Philosophy, find a different course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment